Acrylic dentures are generally considered the most affordable and most commonly used type of denture. They can be used to replace single or multiple missing teeth and are made from acrylic pink plastic. Acrylic is tough and durable and modern techniques ensure that the final fit is snug and comfortable.
Acrylic dentures can be used for both upper and lower teeth:
- Upper teeth – dentures are held in place by suction and control
- Lower teeth – full dentures are held in by control and partial dentures by clips or clasps
The artificial teeth that we use to sit on the dentures come in an array of shapes and sizes. It may be that you opt for a premium brand to offer the most realistic and natural appearance. Very often, it is difficult to tell apart natural teeth from artificial teeth and we will work hard to ensure that you are thrilled with the final appearance.
Benefits of acrylic dentures:
- Low cost and good value for money
- Tough, durable and long lasting solution
- Tried and tested results
- There are varying acrylic materials available so that we may provide a more ‘flexible’ option (Valplast)
- Acrylic dentures are a great temporary solution for immediate replacement of missing teeth.
- Partial acrylic dentures can be added to and adjusted easily and quickly should more teeth be lost in future.
We offer 0% finance at our clinic in Malvern to ensure that premium dentures are accessible and affordable for everyone
How are acrylic dentures made?
We often ask patients to bring in photos of themselves with their natural teeth so that we can get an idea of facial features and tooth size & length. Your FREE comprehensive denture consultation at Ascent Dental Care Malvern will be thorough and discreet so that together, we may work towards the best solution for you.
The whole procedure can take from 1 -6 weeks depending on each individual case. We will schedule a range of 20-30 minute appointments during which we will:
- Assess your facial form and features
- Look at old photographs of your smile/teeth (if you have them available)
- We may take photos of your existing dentures in the mouth
- We will carry out a thorough examination of your mouth and soft tissue to ensure you are healthy
- We will take a range of impressions and molds of your mouth and teeth
- Possibly schedule a meeting with your denture technician if deemed appropriate
- Show you how to take care of your dentures at home
- Adjust the fit until optimum comfort is achieved
At our clinic in Malvern, our skilled dentists and laboratory technicians work closely to create dentures that are perfectly bespoke. Communication is key. We promise to be sensitive to your needs, thoughtful about your appearance and are committed to providing you with dentures that will make you feel whole again.
If you are thinking about new or replacement dentures, why not call us today at Ascent Dental Care Malvern, to book your free consultation