Losing all of your teeth can be a very traumatic experience.
Multiple or full tooth loss, no matter what the age, can cause feelings of social embarrassment which in turn can limit a person’s experience of life, the enjoyment of food and everyday things that we all take for granted.
Whilst traditional dentures are a solution for missing teeth, many patients complain they find them bulky and embarrassing, causing problems with speech and lowering self-confidence.
In addition, denture wearers will lose bone volume over time (your jaw bone is only present to hold your teeth in place, once tooth loss has occurred, bone volume will start to shrink away) in turn, this can sometimes lead to a change in facial form as cheeks can dip and hollow due to a lack of bone support.
Overdentures are a relatively quick alternative to traditional dentures
At our clinic in Malvern, we can use dental implants to simply and securely fasten your dentures in place. This treatment is known as an ‘overdenture’ and is intended for those who seek an affordable alternative to a full implant rehabilitation.
We offer 0% finance to ensure that overdentures are accessible and affordable for everyone
We use a series of 4-6 dental implants placed in strategic positions that allow us to fix removable dentures snugly into place using either ‘press-stud’ type attachments or a metal bar. Overdentures become strong & stable and are a very comfortable alternative to old fashioned removable dentures.
As a denture wearer……..
- Are your dentures loose or uncomfortable?
- Do you refrain from eating the foods you love, such as apples, sandwiches, steak dinners?
- Do you rely on fixatives to hold dentures in place?
- Are you conscious of eating in front of others?
- Have your dentures ‘popped out’ on occasion?
- Do you avoid social situations?
- Have you noticed a change in your facial form or features?
- Do you find that your speech is affected by wearing dentures?
- Do you long for fixed teeth again?
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to three or more of these questions, it may be that denture stabilization/overdentures are the perfect solution.
Benefits of dental implant retained overdentures
- No more worrying about dentures ‘popping out’
- Increased self-confidence in social situations
- Enjoy the foods you love again
- Better diet and nutrition
- Reduces bone loss and halts facial changes
- Comfortable dentures -no rubbing again gum tissue
- Vastly improved speech
- Relatively quick solution – can usually be completed in 3-4 months!
- Usually just one surgical procedure
If you are fed up with loose, uncomfortable dentures please don’t hesitate to call our wonderful team today at Ascent Dental Care Malvern, to book your free consultation for overdentures.
"*" indicates required fields