Orthodontics is the term used in dentistry to describe the treatment of irregularities in the alignment of the teeth or jaws. An ‘Orthodontist’ is a specialist dentist who is highly trained and skilled in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of teeth and jaw misalignment.
At our Malvern orthodontic clinic, we have a skilled team of clinicians who are able to provide a wide range of teeth straightening treatments for patients of all ages.
Orthodontics are more commonly known as ‘braces’, which are treatments that can be used to gradually align teeth over a period of time to create a perfectly straight and beautiful smile. We see many patients who are troubled by either their appearance due to misaligned, crooked or ‘wonky’ teeth or issues with function caused by jaw position.
If you're feeling self-conscious and concerned about crooked teeth, you're not alone. Not everyone has naturally perfect alignment, but thanks to teeth straightening at our clinic in Malvern, you can have just that
Problems with teeth can be inherited or caused by:
- Crowded or spaced teeth
- Irregular position of teeth
- Extra or missing teeth
- Premature loss of baby teeth
- Thumb sucking
- Over bites, under bites or cross bites
- Disease such as decay or gum disease
- Accidents or trauma.
There have been huge advances in the skills & techniques used for teeth straighten over the last 10 years, and orthodontics has suddenly become a treatment widely used by as many adults as children in the UK. Ultimately, whatever brace or straightening system we decide to use we will choose together to ensure that you achieve the smile of your dreams by having treatment with one of our Malvern Orthodontic Dentists.
Correcting orthodontic problems and crooked teeth is not just about the cosmetic appearance; there are very important dental health reasons as well. Misaligned teeth can cause difficulty in chewing and speaking, excessive wear and put stress on healthy gum tissue and surrounding bone. In addition, teeth that are crooked or overlapping are difficult to clean, which may put you at risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
Benefits of Teeth Straightening:
- Improved cosmetic appearance
- Perfectly straight teeth
- Improved self-confidence
- Reduced risk of gum disease and tooth decay
- Improved appearance of facial form and features
- Improved ‘bite’ (occlusion)
- Elimination of stress on jaw joints and abnormal tooth wear
- Preparation of teeth for future restorative care.
At our orthodontic clinic at Ascent Dental Care Malvern, we offer a comprehensive FREE Straighter Teeth consultation alongside our wonderful ‘Straighter Teeth Programme’ which includes:
- Free ‘Straighter Teeth consultation’
- Brace or straightening system of your choice (dependant on results of consultation)
- Cosmetic reshaping of teeth (if required)
- Retainers (designed to hold teeth in place permanently)
- Free Teeth Whitening for a ‘wow’ final result
Deciding on the right braces for you
We offer a wide range of different braces & straightening systems and will discuss which is the very best treatment for you as part of your comprehensive examination. At your Straighter Teeth consultation, we will:
- Carry out a thorough examination of your entire mouth. This is to make sure your teeth and gums are in a healthy position to wear braces
- We will usually take x-rays, again to ensure the foundations of your teeth are healthy and also to assess angles of tooth roots
- We will probably take a ‘full-mouth’ OPG x-ray, commonly used by Orthodontists to assess teeth alignment and development
- Take digital photos of your teeth, face, and facial form to allow us to assess the severity of the misalignment
- Talk to you!
We want to learn all about you, in particular your lifestyle. This is particularly important in adults when considering teeth straightening for cosmetics reasons.
- What is your profession?
- Do you play contact sports?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
- Do you have a special occasion or wedding on the horizon?
- Are you nervous or suffer from a gag reflex?
All of these factors, in combination with your dental examination, need to be considered so that together, we can choose the very best straightening system for you as advised by our highly experienced orthodontic clinicians.
So many choices!
Do you want a straighter smile as quickly as possible, maybe we can use Six Month Smiles?
Would you prefer fixed braces, but like the idea of clear brackets?
Have you heard about the wonder of Invisalign removable clear aligners?
Or maybe you have read about Acceledent for super speedy teeth straightening?
There are so many options at our clinic in Malvern and no doubt you will have many questions and we are happy to chat to you at your FREE Straighter Teeth consultation. Come and see what our Orthodontic Dentist here at Ascent Dental Care Malvern can do for you.