Metal dentures can be used for patients who have previously experienced loose, plastic dentures or who, for anatomical reasons, require a real precision fit. Metal dentures are extremely strong and are particularly suitable for patients with a narrow denture where previously an acrylic denture may have fractured or broken.
Metal dentures are usually made from titanium or cobalt/chrome and also come with the option of tooth coloured clasps for those with partial dentures. The metal is a hypoallergenic material to ensure wearers do not suffer from irritation or allergies. As with all dentures at our clinic in Malvern, they are custom made to fit each individual patient snugly.
Benefits of metal dentures?
- Metal dentures are often smaller than plastic dentures and do not fully cover the roof of the mouth. This improves the taste sensation for the denture wearer.
- Metal dentures are stronger and more durable meaning they are less likely to break or fracture at awkward moments.
- Metal dentures can be made to incorporate other materials, such as plastic or flexible materials, to ensure they fit in the mouth well and result in the maximum amount of comfort for the wearer.
- Metal dentures are usually less bulky and so the final fit is much more stable and snug.
- Tooth coloured clasps can be added to partial metal dentures to increase stability
We offer 0% finance at Ascent Dental Care Malvern, to ensure that metal dentures are accessible and affordable for everyone
How are metal dentures made?
We often ask patients to bring in photos of themselves with their natural teeth so that we can get an idea of facial features and tooth size & length. Your comprehensive denture consultation will be thorough and discreet so that together, we may work towards the best solution for you.
The whole procedure can take from 2-4 weeks depending on each individual case. We will schedule a range of 20-30 minute appointments during which we will:
- Assess your facial form and features
- Look at old photographs of your smile/teeth (if you have them available)
- We may take photos of your existing dentures in the mouth
- We will carry out a thorough examination of your mouth and soft tissue to ensure you are healthy
- If you are a partial denture wearer, we will assess the health of the surrounding teeth to ensure they are strong enough to support the denture
- We will take a range of impressions and molds of your mouth and teeth
- Possibly schedule a meeting with your denture technician if deemed appropriate
- Show you how to take care of your dentures at home
- Adjust the fit or reline the metal denture until optimum comfort is achieved
At Ascent Dental Care Malvern, our skilled dentists and laboratory technicians work closely to create dentures that are perfectly bespoke. Communication is key. We promise to be sensitive to your needs, thoughtful about your appearance and are committed to providing you with dentures that will make you feel whole again.
If you are thinking about new or replacement dentures, why not call us today to book your free consultation