As the name suggests, a Smile Makeover usually consists of the treatment and rejuvenation of your whole smile. Commonly, a Smile Makeover will involve crowns or veneers on 8-10 teeth in the upper jaw and sometimes the lower 8-10 teeth as well. The most commonly used treatments for a full Smile Makeover are dental veneers as these are not only the most conservative approach but also the most highly aesthetically pleasing.
However, it is not uncommon for Smile Makeovers to consist of a whole range of treatments, from tooth coloured fillings and teeth whitening through to dental implants. This is termed as a ‘multi-disciplinary’ approach to cosmetic dentistry, whereby it is necessary to apply different techniques and treatment options depending on individual needs.
Some patients simply want to improve the cosmetic appearance of their front teeth, the focus being on aesthetic perfection. Other patients request an enhanced cosmetic appearance along with improved function to help deal with issues caused by missing teeth, gum disease or worn and broken down teeth. These cases are more likely known as cosmetic and functional ‘smile rehabilitations’, whereby we look at the mouth as a whole and address function and durability with the same importance as cosmetic appearance.
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
- Complete transformation of the cosmetic appearance of your smile
- The transformation can occur in as little as 2 weeks
- Your bespoke smile will be hand made by experienced dental technicians
- Smile Makeovers can last from 10-15 years (with correct maintenance and homecare)
- A Smile Makeover not only improves the appearance of your smile, but can transform your confidence.
- A Smile Makeover can treat multiple issues such as misaligned teeth, worn and broken down teeth, missing teeth and gaps, gummy smiles and dark or discoloured teeth.
Planning a Smile Makeover
With Smile Makeovers, the planning process is just as important as the final result. We assess:
- Your ‘bite’ and jaw function – How your teeth close together and move & slide across each other.
- Tooth Wear – Have your teeth worn down over time? Is this related to function? To diet?
- Foundations – X-ray diagnosis will help us to ascertain the health of your gums and roots of your teeth.
- Current restorations - Are they chipped, worn, leaking?
- Facial form and features – Skin tone, lip lines, soft and hard tissues
- Colour – The shade of your teeth, discolouration and staining.
At our clinic in Malvern...
We are committed to creating smiles that are tailored to your wishes as we believe every patient and every smile is very different. We take the time to listen to your needs to ensure that you leave with a smile that you can be truly proud of.
If you think you would benefit from a Smile Makeover, please call us to book your free consultation with a member of our experienced team at Ascent Dental Care Malvern.
"*" indicates required fields